Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Everybody loves "The Situasian"

I've finally given in and started my own blog. It was only inevitable, really. Back in the days of Myspace back in the long forgotten year of 2004, I used to post nonsensical blogs all the time. I would dive into my deepest of thoughts whether they were about the wonders of day-long "Law & Order: SVU" Marathons (they've since been replaced by nonstop episodes of "NCIS" which I refuse to get into because of Mark Harmon, a.k.a. the man who single-handedly ruined "Moonlighting"), my inability to do the Robot or to be good at beatboxing, successfully stealing a catchphrase from Kevin Federline, or weird, NyQuil-induced dreams. You know, the important stuff. More often than not, I'd end up posting setlists from various DJ gigs, as well. Then I finally gave in and signed up for LiveJournal, a place I will always ridicule since I usually picture it being a haven for pimply teenage girls writing awful love poems to Pete Wentz or whoever this week's Emo Posterboy is. I did, however, intend on making my LiveJournal my place to wax poetic about music- whatever the hell that means. Well, this all got overtaken by Facebook and Twitter- the two things that take up more of my time than I care to admit. Point is, that sometimes 140 characters aren't enough for me...

So here we are. Simply put, "Random Ramblings of DJ Brian L." is just that. And yes, I realize it's a bit of a mouthful much like "Bob Loblaw's Law Blog" (as Tobias F√ľnke would say, "you, sir, are a mouthful") but really, it's the most descriptive title I could come up with. And yes, I did consider calling this blog "The Situasian" as a tribute to one of my favorite people on "The Jersey Shore" who, coincidentally, is also the person on the show I most want to punch in the face. That and I really am Asian, so the joke just pretty much works on so many levels. Wait...where was I? Oh, right...Random Ramblings of DJ Brian L. will contain a lot of things: more than likely music-related, more than likely in list form, more than likely a setlist from a DJ gig here and there (after all, I am "DJ Brian L.")

That said, since 2009 is coming to a close, I will be posting my personal year-end best-of lists in the coming days. I'll be honest, part of the reason I created this blog is so I'd have somewhere to post these Best Of 2009 lists. I wish I was kidding. Anyway, my Top songs, Top albums, and Top shows of the year will be up here for all to see very soon.

Oh and recently, I came across my new theme song:
"B.R.I.A.N." I'M Fresh! You'Re Pretty!

"The Situasian" has got everything under control!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers