Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Exclamation points! YEAH! - Part 1



It's hard to believe that there once was a time when I was against using exclamation points. I think it was because of Kevin Spacey. For some reason, I seem to remember him having a line in Outbreak where he made fun of Dustin Hoffman's character for wanting him to really emphasize something by using them. And yes, I realize that it's weird to be against a punctuation mark because of something Kevin Spacey said. My only explanation is that I must have seen Outbreak shortly before seeing Se7en or The Usual Suspects, both of which are my favorite Spacey roles.

Anyway, I've changed my tune on exclamation points. And to prove it, for the next few days, I'll be sharing a few songs from my favorite excitable acts. I'll admit that I'm still a bit weary of bands that like to use exclamation points, but it's all part of the growing process, I suppose.



You Say Party! We Say Die!- Laura Palmer's Prom.mp3


Canada's You Say Party! We Say Die! is one of those bands who I want to love based solely on their name. That's not an uncommon occurrence for me, but it is hit or miss. For instance, A Place To Bury Strangers - Total HIT, meanwhile The Phenomenal Handclap Band - complete and utter letdown. Anyway, I'm on the fence about YSP! WSD! but this song, "Laura Palmer's Prom," complete with Twin Peaks reference, definitely has me a little swayed in their favor.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers