Wednesday, January 13, 2010

GaGa Guilt and Mashups



I really didn't want to like Lady GaGa. It just sort of happened. I was drunk, in a club, and next thing I knew, I was having the best time dancing it up to "Just Dance" - that and a friend of mine was shirtless on stage, vamping it up.  Sure, it helps that GaGa's songs are ├╝ber-catchy. And it also helps that she's a bit of a weirdo. And yes, I admit, it's not a far stretch for me to like her music since I was obsessed with Katy Perry's "Hot N' Cold" not more than a year ago (it is, after all, an example of pop perfection this side of Kylie Minogue.) Point is, that I've been more open to embracing pop music.

Which brings me to mashups. I guess the blame/thanks should be pointed towards Girl Talk for this sudden favoring attitude towards unabashed pop music. Let's face it- it's because of Girl Talk that I actually enjoy Kelly Clarkson's "Since U Been Gone." It definitely helped that Mr. Gillis backed the Clarkson vocal with "Wish" from Nine Inch Nails. But lately, thanks to my DJ Partner In Crime, dj darkmoves, I've had a slight obsession with Mashups. He pointed me to this site of downloadable mashups that are practically instant party-starters. Check them out at this link.

In the meantime, while we're on the subject of Lady GaGa and Mashups:

Rumor has it there are a couple that are floating around that are worth finding, if you're feeling daring: one that combines "Bad Romance" with one of my all-time favorite songs, The Human League's "Don't You Want Me" (Lady GaGa vs. The Human League, "Don't You Want My Bad Romance") and if this isn't the coming together of guilty pleasures, I don't know what is - Lady GaGa vs. Journey, "Just Stop Believin'"

** Revision as of 1pm on 1/13/10: I'm unable to share the actual tracks. However, pay a visit to a site that might still be linked and enjoy. But shhhh, on that. **

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers