Saturday, January 7, 2012

A New Year - A New Name

With a new year upon us, I figured it was about time to make some changes. I openly admit that I essentially started Random Ramblings Of DJ Brian L. so I'd have a place to post whatever random music lists I can think of, which is to say my year-end lists. Aside from those, it would be relatively quiet around this blog. So my New Year's Resolution is to post more. The change was initially inspired by my love of making mix CDs for friends and from my own actual DJ sets; more recently though, it was spurred on by how much fun I had compiling streamable playlists on Spotify and on 8tracks.com to include in my last few posts especially on Mixtape For A Crush. So with all that said, we unveil the newly christened Random Ramblings & Mixtapes.

Some mixtapes will have a theme to it and some may not. It'll pretty much be anything goes (sticking with the whole Random Ramblings nature) but mostly it will be my way of sharing some of my favorite music. And like any mixtape, you might find something new to love or you might rediscover something that slipped through the cracks. Whatever the case might be, I invite you to turn it up and become immersed.

And of course, to celebrate our new name and the New Year, here's our first mixtape of 2012. It's pretty easy to figure out the theme here - and really, it was a good excuse to put some Suede, Utah Saints, and The Jesus And Mary Chain onto a mix.




Everything's New
(A majority of this playlist is also up on Spotify - unfortunately, I was unable to find Utah Saints or the Mary Chain cover):  Everything's New [Random Ramblings & Mixtapes])
Tracklist: 
1. !!!, "A New Name"
2. Utah Saints, "New Gold Dream (81-82-83-84)"
3. Suede, "New Generation"
4. The Jesus And Mary Chain, "New Kind Of Kick (Live)"
5. INXS, "New Sensation"
6. Mew, "New Terrain"
7. M83, "New Map"
8. The Horrors, "Whole New Way"
9. Refused, "New Noise"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers