Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Late Night Streams

I'm forever in search of new music. Something that grabs me and demands my attention. And then it happens: I manage to stumble across one song. A single song that I have the need to share immediately. In spite of the fact that 2am is quickly approaching. So this is one of those rare occasions where there is no mixtape...just a few songs to listen to. Become immersed.


This new Beach House song is what triggered this late night post. I've listened to it 3 times already and plan on visiting my own blog tomorrow to listen to it repeatedly. I'll likely listen to Teen Dream again, too...just because hearing Victoria Legrand's voice reminds me how much I really loved that album and it makes me instantly love this song.

And since I can't post just one song, here's a few others that deserve repeated listens:


A new song from 2:54. I completely fell for their Scarlet EP from last year. So much so that the 10" record may have been a drunken late night EBay purchase. Anyway, this new song continues in the smoky, dreampop direction of their EP.

I came across this UK trio while doing one of my many random searches for new music. Had I heard Be Forest's 2011 debut album Cold. a year ago, it could have easily been my favorite album of last year. A band with all the right influences ranging from The Jesus And Mary Chain, Cocteau Twins, and even The Cure. "Hanged Man" is their latest single. A bit noisy but nonetheless hypnotic.


And the last one for tonight comes from Spiritualized. I have a strong connection to them since their 1997 album Ladies And Gentlemen We Are Floating In Space. It was probably my favorite non-industrial album of that year. It also helped that that was the summer that I was the music director at WZBC and this album was in heavy rotation. They're set to release their new one, Sweet Heart Sweet Light in the Spring and if the near 9-minute "Hey Jane" is any indication of what to expect then I'm prepared to be blown away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers