Monday, September 3, 2012

Monday Night Album Stream: TOY "TOY"


Sometimes the hardest question someone can ask me about discovering new bands is as simple as "How did you find out about them?" Such is the case with TOY. The simple answer is that someone I'm Facebook friends with posted about them and made a comparison to the album, Skying by The Horrors. That was good enough for me since that was my favorite album of 2011. TOY's debut single, the awesome "Left Myself Behind" was downright hypnotic upon my first listen all the way back in January. Now over 8 months and two singles later, this UK band emerges with their self-titled debut album (due out on September 10th on Heavenly and the following day stateside.) The record is a great mix of shoegaze, Krautrock, and psych rock. Dizzying and hazy in the best ways possible. Have an advanced listen below and get lost in their music. Headphones strongly recommended for a full experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers